I was a fan of separating style from content even before the Web. Now that browsers are beginning to follow the standards, it is possible to build entire websites based on this principle.
Here are some references to using stylesheets on the web.
- W3C Stylesheets
- W3C: CSS
- W3C CSS Validation Service
- Little Boxes
- CSS Layout Techniques
- QuirksMode Homepage
- CSS Panic Guide
- Practical CSS Layout: Tips, Tricks, & Techniques
- A Web Designer's Journey
- The Layout Reservoir
- css Zen Garden really spectacular examples of what can be done with CSS.
- css/edge Some good examples of standards-compliant CSS
- Eric Meyer's site. Meyer is known for his extensive knowledge of the use of CSS. Two of his books also have separate websites.